A common new years resolution is to get into shape and live a healthier lifestyle. Seeing as we’re still at the start of the year, it’s not to late to get started on this goal. However, this is easier said than done for many people who lead busy work and home lives. That being said, there are a lot of opportunities to stay healthy in the office, including incorporating these easy exercises at work.
Here’s 6 simple work exercises to get you started:
1. Many of us work in front of a computer for eight hours a day, which can result in poor neck posture. Start by moving your neck up and up vertically, then horizontally. Finally rotate your neck in a clockwise and an anti-clockwise motion. These stretches will allow your neck muscles to stretch and avoid pain from stiffness.
2. Additionally, if you’re working with a computer it’s important to stretch out those hand and arm muscles throughout the day. To do this, stretch your arm out with your palm down and rotate your wrists. Remember to give each finger some attention by stretching them out individually and holding for 3 seconds each. You can also stretch and rotate each foot for the same effect.
3. One of the easiest ways to get in your daily cardio fix at work is by choosing to take the stairs instead of the elevators. If you work on a higher floor, set goals, and gradually work your way up. To step it up a notch you may consider turning your work
4. Another way to sneak some cardio into your day is by taking advantage of your office layout. The cubical wander is a great way to get away from your desk, stretch your legs and catch up with your co-workers. So, the next time you’re about to send an email to a co-worker, consider walking over to them.
5. If you’re striving for some abs here’s an easy way to exercise while being seated. Take a deep breath, enough to tighten your abdominal muscles while bring them toward your spine as you exhale. Do this for 12-25 times and you’re well on your way.
6. A final simple exercise, this time is for your calf muscles. Stand behind your desk chair and hold the back. Then with your feet together, move your weight onto your toes up and down.
There’s a lot that can go into being healthy in the office, from working with ergonomic furniture to eating nutritious meals and snacks. Add these exercises, which don’t take much of your time, into your work day to complete your healthy work lifestyle.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter for more tips on office supplies and lifestyle here.
Copyright © 2019 ECI Software Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Images and content are owned or licensed by Everyday Office Supplies Inc.